Small Business Tech Conference Event 2018
SEPTEMBER 18, 2018 | Washington, D.C.
To help small businesses further succeed in supporting our government customers, General Dynamics Mission Systems is hosting a conference to educate small business leaders and introduce them to new opportunities available within Mission Systems.
Participants will hear from Mission Systems executives, government small business agency representatives and small business advocates on ways to improve and promote small business participation in government contracting. In addition to networking and learning opportunities, there will also be a Technology Showcase, with opportunities for small businesses to demonstrate their next generation capabilities and limited speaking slots for small businesses to take the stage.
This is a free event open to government attendees and small businesses.
One-on-one meetings with General Dynamics Supply Chain representatives are available by request. TechTen speaking opportunities and table top displays are available to approved participants. Please complete a TechScout for consideration.
Registration for this event is now closed.
Tuesday, September 18th
Continental Breakfast and Full Lunch will be provided at:
The Knight Conference Center at the Newseum
555 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, D.C. 20001
There are two metro stops within walking distance of The Knight Conference Center at the Newseum:
- Archives/Navy Memorial/Penn Quarter, served by the Green Line and Yellow Line.
- Judiciary Square, served by the Red Line.
9:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. - Check-In & Breakfast
9:30 a.m. - 9:45 a.m. - Welcome from Scotty Miller, General Dynamics Mission Systems Vice President of Supply Chain Management
9:45 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. - TechTen Talks
9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. - 1-on-1 Meetings with General Dynamics Supply Chain Teams
10:00 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. - Panel Session 1: A Conversation with Government Office of Small Business Programs
- Moderator: Byron Carroll, President, Carroll Communications
- Shannon Jackson, Acting Director, DoD Office of Small Business Programs
- Kevin Boshears, Director, Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization, Department of Homeland Security
- Syretta Dyson-Buesing, Outreach Manager, Office of Customer Care & Outreach, General Services Administration
- Arveice Washington, Deputy Director, Office of Small Business Programs, Department of Navy
11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. - Lunch
12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m. - Keynote Speaker: Chuck Brooks, General Dynamics Mission Systems - "The Top 5 Tech People to Follow on LinkedIn". "Impact and Importance of Cyber Security Awareness for our Small Business Partners as Part of Our Supplier Ecosystem".
12:30 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. - Lighting Networking: Speed networking sessions
1:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. - Dr. Raja Suresh, General Dynamics Mission Systems, Director of R&D Office of Innovation
2:45 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. - Panel Session 2: How to Participate in the Small Business Innovation Research Program
- Moderator: Mr. David Dorner, President, Dorner Works, Inc.
- Dr. James Galvin, Principal Director, DoD SBIR
- Mr. Steven Sullivan, Department of Navy SBIR Tech Transfer Program Manager
3:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. - A Special Community Outreach Presentation
- Mike Conklin, CEO, Sentinels of Freedom
- Sergeant First Class John Wayne Walding, US Army Retired
4:00 p.m. - 4:45 p.m. - A Conversation with General Dynamics Mission Systems Business Development
- Moderator: Mr. Bob Burns
- Ms. Katie Ducharme
- Ms. Georgie Brophy
- Mr. Rich Mangan
- Mr. Geoff Disch
4:45 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. - Networking Reception (Refreshments Provided)
6:30 p.m. - End of Day
*ALL PANEL TOPICS AND TIMES SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Attire: Business Professional
PLEASE NOTE: Due to limited space, no onsite registration will be allowed.
Information will be given once your application is approved.
Follow #SBTC18 on our social media for updates and speaker announcements.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.