New R8000B communications system analyzer to be demonstrated at the IWCE Conference and Exhibition, Feb. 22-23 in Las Vegas, Booth #3063
NEWTON, N.C. – General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies introduces the R8000B communications system analyzer, which measures the performance of radios and radio systems used by police and fire departments, first responder agencies and other Land Mobile Radio (LMR) users. The software-defined R8000B weighs just 14 pounds and performs the functions of up to 20 separate test instruments, enabling technicians to efficiently and cost-effectively test radios and radio systems in the field.
The R8000B delivers unprecedented low RF noise characteristics, known as spectral purity, along with an industry leading residual FM specification of less than 4 Hz. The analyzer delivers improved diagnostic power, portability and can be upgraded with new and improved capabilities via software download. The Terrestrial Trunked Radio (TETRA) subscriber-test option offers vital diagnostic tools including carrier frequency offset, residual carrier power, error vector modulation, power profile, unwanted adjacent power, Loopback Bit-Error-Rate and paging sensitivity.
“Packing all of the technology and functionality of the R8000B into one lightweight and portable unit is particularly important for service technicians who need to travel to isolated or remote locations,” said Ed Mick, communications test equipment sales manager for General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies. “With the R8000B, radio service shops will have a complete, powerful communications analyzer that covers the entire RF spectrum up to 3 GHz and with the TETRA option, can quickly and efficiently test TETRA handsets.”
For R8000B customers, firmware upgrades can be downloaded from the General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies’ website free of charge for the life of the unit. Software options, including digital radio protocols, can also be downloaded from the website and installed in seconds using the R8000B front control panel.
Key features of the R8000B include:
- Options to support every major digital protocol, including APCO P25, TETRA, DMR (MOTOTRBOTM) and NXDN
- AutoTune automated test and alignment software for Motorola XTS2500/5000TMportables, XTLTM Series mobiles, and APXTM Series mobiles and portables
- Spectrum analyzer with noise floor down to -140dBm
- Power Meter that accepts up to 150W with no external attenuator
- Brilliant, 8.4-inch color LCD viewable in all lighting conditions
- Dual Display that simultaneously shows carrier signal and recovered audio
- Remote Front Panel option for web-based control and monitor of every function from a PC web browser
- Storage capacity for hundreds of user-defined setting presets which can be imported or exported to other R8000 test sets
Additional meters and test functions include:
- Signal Generator
- Sensitive Measurement Receiver
- SINAD Meter
- Tracking Generator
- Distortion Meter
- Modulation Scope
- Frequency Error Meter
- Cable Fault Locator
- FM Deviation Meter
- AM Modulation Meter
- Receive Signal Strength Meter
- Audio Counter
- Audio Generators
- AC/DC Voltmeters
To see the complete list of features, benefits and specifications, please visithttp://www.gdsatcom.com/cte.php. For a quote or to arrange for a demonstration, contact a local representative at http://www.gdsatcom.com/cte_reps.php.
General Dynamics SATCOM Technologies, part of General Dynamics C4 Systems, is a leading supplier of emergency, strategic and tactical satellite ground terminals and communications test equipment. Additional information about General Dynamics SATCOM Technology’s products and services is available on the Internet atwww.gdsatcom.com.
Motorola, MOTOTORBO, XTL, XTS, and APX are trademarks of Motorola, Inc.